Caveman 2019, Netherlands

 image

Sadly, my best run-buddy wasn’t able to take part. But my group of crazy runners is big enough and there are many maniac guys like me. So, I didn’t have to run alone!
Sadly again, I didn’t know yet how lonely the tip of the pyramid can be (just joking!)

image  image

The event isn’t that far away from my bed. It didn’t take long to got to the event area.
It was a quiet morning. I felt like I’m the first one at the area. The check in was still closed, no music, nobody else then me. But that changed quick!
My friends and I had some loud fun but didn’t know we will have only 20 minutes together today. What we knew was, that we sure will not run together. But I hoped we would see us at the finish. We didn’t….

image

The run started with a normal warm up. It’s a bit hard to follow the instructions if you don’t understand the language. It only 30 minutes away from my home but I don’t understand them. It’s a shame, isn’t it?
Then the start: I didn’t recognize that I was at one of the first places. I passed some other runners and suddenly the leader guide was at my side. But I didn’t recognize my leadership position until the people greeted me at the obstacles with applause and cheers! I was really surprised and from that I tried to hold this position.

image

I was received with cheers and a small firework at the finish! I took the first place over the 18km track! It’s a great feeling! But lonely: There were just round 100 people at the finish. All other, especially my buddies were on the track. And the second finisher took around 4 or 5 minutes longer than me.

image

Comments